Happy Birthday Mom!
Today, would have been mom's birthday, had she lived.
Here she is with 7 of her 11 children (not counting the dozens
Today, would have been mom's birthday, had she lived.of others she adopted sometimes, emotionally, or physically,or both.
I have always compared myself to my mom. We both married at 19 and 1/2 years old.we were both born in February, middle children, married men born in June
who were 21 .We both had six children at 32...
and there the similarities unfortunately stop.
She went on to have 5 more children, (I stopped at 7) And that's
only a small part of all she was. This year I turned 57. Mom died at 57.
I remember thinking at the time of her death,
"if only I can be close to where she was in personal development when I am 57,
I'll be a very happy person." I was only 25 years old at the time,
57 seemed along time away
and I actually had hope that it may happen. Trouble is, it doesn't just happen.
Mom got up everyday and put her priorities in order. The Lord first, his work,
and everything else second....time for "second" never came around.
This past month as I have approached 57, has been a time of introspection...
I find myself lacking in so many areas, and yet....
there may still be time to make up some of the distance....
Priorities....

This is Mom shortly after her 11th child was born.
She was always working on taking off those last 10 lbs. She looks pretty good to me. I used to wish she could have seen herself
through my eyes...until I really understood....she saw herself
through her Savior's eyes.
Maybe that is way she was so ....joyful, the word happy just wouldn't describe her.
Happy Birthday Mom!
3 comments:
Oh I loved this post Mom. I didn't realize the significance of the 57th Birthday. I can now appreciate how much you must of missed her.
This was a special post. I've never seen you sentimental- maybe we are more alike then we thought:) Thank you for this. I always love hearing more about Grandma Betty.
Interesting post,I didn't realize how many similarities you and Mom shared.
Post a Comment