Tuesday, March 16, 2010

CruisingIt's a bit late...we've been home for two weeks now
but since I'm blogging primarily as my own record
I thought I'd blog a little about our latest trip.
We sailed out of Puerto Rico on Sat. April 20th on the
Carnival /Victory Cruise Ship
We stopped in St. Thomas, St. Lucia, St. Kit, St. Martin
Barbados, Martinique and Dominica. At each port we scheduled
a fun adventure like Zip lining, river rafting, scuba diving etc.
I think the highlight
for Jack was singing with a stranger
(a really talenated lady) in the
Karaoke lounge.

These cute little monkeys are everywhere and there is a
bounty on them. The locals can turn in the tails of the monkeys
they've killed and get $10 a piece for them. Apparently the do
a lot of damage and will bite when provoked. They sure are cute
even if they do sink pretty bad.
We went with the Vanstienkist and Hendershots again.
We always have a great time with them.
These VERY prickly trees are found on every plantation..
Among other things they were used to punish the slaves
I'd rather not say how.
Jack really got into the swing of things and thought he was an Islander.
I think he has secretly longed for dreds. All in all it was a great trip! If
there was a down side it would be that we didn't have all our kids with us!

2 comments:

Sidney said...

Finally. fun pictures...even if you're just an elderly couple

The Fillmore Family said...

Looks like fun. I used to want one of those monkeys until I went to a friend's house who had one. You are right. They really stink. Love, Joanne