Saturday, March 29, 2008

Roses are in bloom at Nana's and Jack's



Spring is definately here and the roses are starting to bloom.
I love this time of year, I can hardly go indoors till it's dark.




The air smells deliciously of roses and orange blossoms
and were having fun watching the bunnies run all over in the
thick new clover. Gucci is going crazy, I think she would eat
them if she were allowed. (KolyPokie anyway, I think the other
bunny scares her a little.)

11 comments:

chad bunker said...

what are the bunnies names ? koly pokey did i understand that right haha tell jack we need a good goat in the back yard now.

Adam said...

Soon you'll have 50 bunnies running around the back yard. The roses look great.

Melissa said...

Thanks for getting bunnies, so I could focus my attention on parakeets. Meg just loved going over there. She came home and said that she loves to "in your grass, close her eyes, and fell peaceful" That was an exact quote. Your yard is peaceful and the grove of trees with the roses and orange blossoms are heavenly.

melody said...

Yeah, she was in Heaven, we laid in the clover and she kept saying it was so peaceful with the birds singing and the orange blossoms falling like snow, and the quiet....how she loves the peace and the quiet....we had fun. By the way, it's now Peter Kolypokie Cottontail, and Orange Blossom Bunny. Officially
just ask Meg.

Sidney said...

Roses are beautiful. Remember the beautiful roses along Dads house, did you get a start from them? Seems like I remembered you talking about that one time. Oh you are such a better Grandma than me, a dog, turtles and now bunnies. Well we do have scorpions.

melody said...

The roses along Mom's driveway are some we (Brent and I) ordered by mail for various birthdays, Mother's days etc. Not all of them probably 3. I get mine from Home Depot.

Summer said...

Yaaaaaa that is totally Meg.... Where did she get the idea of having a middle name for a bunny.... I will call them Kolipoki and Blossom. that is way shorter...... and plus those fit there characteristics....Blossom LOVES me. Remember???? (:(:(:

Summer said...

WHOOPS!!! Used the wrong their.... hahahaha

aryn said...

Wow- how beautiful!! I don't know weather to be really bitter right now that my kids don't get to experience the fun secret garden at Nana's with the adorable little bunnies or happy for the rest of you that do. I think I'll cry for a little bit and then get over it and accept that life is not fair.

shell said...

we need to come by. my kids will go nuts. i wish i had any energy to go anywhere.

Natalie Hall said...

Beautiful is right! You sure know how to work hard in the yard. You have always been able to get down and dirty. Melody maybe you should go into landscaping. Look at what you did in Pine..

I enjoyed all of the latest post. this is great you are blogging more. I got so excited to see all the new material added.